We drove up to visit my family in Meridian this year. We were very fortunate as Jeff was able to get the whole week of Thanksgiving off, so we ended up getting to spend over a week with my family. We left Friday the 18th in the evening and made it there around 1:00am. Shad loves riding in the car, but after 2 or so hours he gets really antsy to get out. I don't blame him...
Nate has been living at home this semester so he was already there, and Tanner came over with his girlfriend Camilla from Rexburg.
We had a lot of fun while at home. We were out and about a lot, but we also relaxed at home and/or watched movies.
I thought this picture was funny, with Shad on my lap, Bo on Shad's lap, and Shad's foot on Jeff's face, while Shad is trying to eat.
I was able to go shopping at a few consignment and thrift stores with my mom. She wanted a large picture of Shad and a family picture of the three of us for Christmas, so we went looking for used frames that I could paint. I didn't get before pictures, but the two I used were just stained wood, and I painted them black and then Jeff sprayed on a semi-gloss finish. I love the way they turned out!
My mom borrowed a booster/high chair seat and some toys from a neighbor for Shad to use while there. They had this walk-about toy and he LOVED it! At first he could only walk on his knees with it, as it went too fast for him to walk on his feet. But by the next day, he could already cruise around on his feet with it! I can't believe how fast he figured out his balance and was able to control it.
Jeff and I were able to go out to eat at Red Robin with Chrissy and her husband Jon on Monday. We had a really good time chatting. Jeff and Jon seemed to have a lot in common. I love when we find other couples that we both get along with, since they're sometimes hard to find! Luckily it was a slow night so we were able to sit and chat well past our meal being complete. Unfortunately I forgot to get a picture...
Kylie also stopped by Friday night to say hi for a few minutes. I wish I lived closer to these two girls!
Tuesday night a fun family in my parents' ward, Jerry and Mandy Taylor and their boys, as well as Nate's friend Brooke all came over for soup and a fun game of Greed. (Tanner and Camilla also got in town in time to join us, even though they originally planned to come Wednesday morning.) We had a lot of fun with them and I found myself wishing they were in my ward instead of my mom's. ;)
Nate had an indoor soccer game Wednesday night:
Tanner and Jeff wanted to play with his team, but when we got there, Tanner only had cleats which they didn't allow, and Jeff felt like he tweaked his knee again (better not have) so he didn't play.
But we still had fun watching!
Shad loved trying to play with Bo. I love how dogs can sense who you are. He knew Shad was little and more fragile than the rest of us, so when Shad took his toy, he didn't attack it or try to play hard like he does with the rest of us. Shad also loved playing in Bo's kennel...
Thursday we had a wonderful Thanksgiving meal! We got to use our turkey roaster for the first time.
We had mashed potatoes, stuffing, sweet potato casserole, green been casserole, apple snickers salad, cookie pudding stuff, rolls, corn, and then later pies! Lemon cream cheese, pumpkin, apple, and razzleberry.
And of course, I made the little turkeys to put by our plates.
Friday night we had a campfire in the backyard:
And Saturday we went to Best Buy and then went to the dollar (or more like three dollar) theater to see Warrior, a movie Nate wanted us to see. Brooke, Nate's friend also went with us. My parents enjoyed some good grand baby time while babysitting for us. :)
As rough as it was having Shad cutting his two top teeth while we were there and being extra fussy for a couple days, we still had a lot of fun. (It was probably even better for me that he cut his teeth while on vacation so I had Jeff and my parents' help.)
Thanks Mom and Dad for a fun holiday! We miss being home already!







1 comment:
We loved having you here! Too bad we can't do it every month.
Post a Comment