Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Nate's Visit, G&G's Christmas Party, & Temple Square

This past weekend my brother Nate came to visit with his girlfriend Brooke.  They chose this weekend so they could go to my Grandparent's annual Christmas Pizza Party.  

Nate and Brooke got here late Friday night.

Saturday we made waffles and relaxed a bit before heading up to Ogden.

We had to stop and explore Smith and Edwards before going to my Grandparents...

My grandparents always plan fun parties complete with food, games, and prizes.  
 (Panoramic picture from Shae of my grandparents family room with all of us in it.  Pretty cool...)

We had pizza and played the name game and spoons...
 Matt, Kristen, Megan, Shad, and Ian

 Kathy and Drew

 Mandie and Colby

 MiHui, Shae, & Grandpa

 
Nate and our Grandparents


Nate and Brooke


Aren't they cute? 



It was fun watching Ian and Shad interact.  And to see how tall Shad is.  Ian is around 4 months older than Shad! 


I love living close enough to be able to make it to these parties and spend time with my cousins and grandparents.  I feel like my relationship with my cousins has definitely increased now that we're older and I've been able to make it to more events. 

Sunday Jeff, Shad, and I went up to Lehi for Jeff's cousin Nate's missionary homecoming.  He did a great job.  We again enjoyed good food and visiting with family!  I also love being able to live close to Jeff's family so we can run up to Lehi for all the special events going on in his family.  

Sunday evening we went up to Salt Lake with Nate and Brooke to see the lights on Temple Square.  Brooke had never been.  


Shad all nice and bundled:


Nate wanted me to take some good ones of the two of them.  I think they make a way cute couple:




Jeff, Shad, and I:

Shad got tired of sitting in the stroller and being carried and wanted to get out and move around, so I let him walk down the ramp from the Christus statue, which he loved...

He also had much more fun helping push his stroller than riding in it.  Good thing his Dad is strong...

I also hadn't had a chance to see the new Temple replica exhibit yet and wanted to.  I love Temple Square!

Monday Nate, Brooke, Shad, and I went out for breakfast at Denny's before they left to go back to Boise.  They even treated me.  My Monday mornings are rarely that exciting! 

I'm really glad they were able to come visit and stay with us for a few days!  I wish my family lived closer so it's always nice to be able to get together! 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...