Jeff's first Father's Day was very special, as it was also Shad's blessing day.
We decided to make it a small quiet event, and invite mainly family. My parents were able to come down from Boise, as well as my grandparents from Ogden. Jeff's whole family minus his sister Nikki were able to make it (she was in California) and our close friends Cody and Jessica.
(Bishop Erdmann)
We had it at our church in the Relief Society room after all meetings were out. Jeff gave Shad a wonderful and beautiful blessing. I even got teary eyed, which I didn't expect. I could tell the Spirit was present for our little Shad. Our friend Jessica wrote down as much as she could remember from what Jeff said, and I think she got it all, which is so nice for us to have.
After his blessing we had a dinner at our house. Thank you so much to all who helped us in preparing the food!
Shad in his Sunday best with his Grandpa's.
We feel so lucky and grateful to have Shad in our lives and in our home. He learns more about his new world every day, and we love seeing his wide-eyed curiosity as he takes it all in. Even when he's upset or we have to change 10 diapers and give him 2 baths in one day, we still love him and can't believe how natural it feels to have him in our home and in our lives. Of course it's taken some getting used to, but there's no job I'd rather have than at home taking care of him. I just hope we're doing what's right and best for him on a daily basis as we try to figure this parenting thing out!

It's amazing how much of a personality he already has. If I were to guess what he'll be like when he's older, I'd say energetic, out-going, hard-working, and willing and ready to learn new things. He's so aware of the world around him, and it just seems like he can't wait till he can use his hands and legs and move on to the next thing.
We love you little Shadster, and we always will!





1 comment:
He's such a cutie! I love that you guys were able to bless him on Father's Day too, so fun! :)
Post a Comment