This past weekend was Lehi's Round-Up week! Jeff grew up being apart of the parades and attending the rodeos. His family's llama Como Se has even been apart of Round-Up it in the past, participating in the petting zoo. I'm glad that attending various parts of Round-Up has become an unsaid tradition since we got married!
Thursday night Shad and I went up and watched the stock parade with Amy and her girls. It ended up being shorter than usual, but was still fun.
Afterwards we walked over to the park to check out the boutiques and ran into some of Jeff & Amy's cousins. It was fun to see and visit with them all for a while.
Friday night Jeff and I took Shad to his first rodeo! He did okay at the beginning, watching all the commotion around him.

He didn't quite get that the show was in front of him. He spent more time watching people around us and the flags strung over the arena.

After a while though he got tired but couldn't fall asleep with all the noise, so I had to take him behind the stands and rock him for a bit till he was able to fall asleep. But on my way back into the stands, the rodeo clown, who happens to be the famous Leisel Harris, was in the arena and stopped me to ask me a bunch of questions!
Leisel: "Hey, hey lady, where do you live?"
Me: "Springville"
Leisel: "Springville, I came from Tenessee and I beat you here!"
Announcer: "Leisel! Leave that woman alone."
Leisel: (Ignoring the announcer) "Is that a doll you got there? It looks like a doll."
Me: (Turning so he could see Shad's sleeping face in my arms.) "No, he's sleeping."
Leisel: "Oh, well he makes a cute baby but an ugly doll..." "And you look good."
Me: (A flustered "Thanks" as I turned to climb back up in the stands.)
I'm not even sure if I have all of that exactly right cause I was so caught off guard and flustered, standing there in front of everyone with my sleeping baby, but he's famous and I talked to him!

Saturday morning Jeff had to work so Shad and I went back up to Lehi for the Grand Parade. I thought we were going to be late between getting both Shad and myself ready, driving up there, finding somewhere to park and walking over, but we made it with 6 minutes to spare! Go me!
The parade had over a hundred entries and lasted almost two hours, one of the longest ones I've attended. Shad did okay for the first half, just taking in all the sights and sounds. But the second half was rough. He got hot and tired and was having a hard time settling again in that atmosphere he's not used to, so I had to stand back in the shade with him for the rest of the parade, though I was still able to see and enjoy a lot of it.
Once Jeff was off work that afternoon we got some onion, tomato, and yellow pepper starts and finished planting the rest of our garden boxes. (We're still planning on planting raspberry starts along the back wall.) Shad even hung out on the lawn with us in his Bumbo, well for the 20 minutes or so that he lasted...


We finished Round-Up weekend with 4th Sunday family dinner in Lehi, and then went over to visit with Jeff's cousins, specifically Janae since she was leaving to go back to San Diego in the morning.


Hooray for summer!





2 comments:
I love Mommy's little cowboy too! I agree! It's an adorable picture. Love to read of the happenings of each day!
He is so so so so so so cute!!!!
Post a Comment