I've always loved going to city fairs and celebrations. Jeff doesn't share in my excitement for them, so I was trying to pinpoint and explain why I love going. What I came up with is that I love the atmosphere. I love a community all coming together to celebrate, the summer heat, the creativity of the boutique booths, even the Carnies can be entertaining.
Growing up in Denver, we didn't have city or county fairs, parades, etc. The only chance I had to go to those kinds of things were when we were visiting family during those occasions in Ogden, Bennington, or Aberdeen, which wasn't that often. Jeff grew up with Lehi Round-Up every year, and said he was often in the parades. So they aren't as exciting to him now, but luckily he'll still go with me and enjoy himself! :)
Springville's Art City Days was this past weekend. We didn't make it to the rodeo or parade, but we did enjoy the fair and concert. We went with Cody and Jessica, and saw Due West perform while enjoying a funnel cake and the boutiques.
They also had fireworks after! And I was actually impressed with them, as Springville is smaller than other town celebrations.

It was Shad's first firework show and he seemed to enjoy them! He just watched the sky with big eyes. He just didn't love the loud booms, but he did really well overall!

Next city: Lehi Round-Up!
Growing up in Denver, we didn't have city or county fairs, parades, etc. The only chance I had to go to those kinds of things were when we were visiting family during those occasions in Ogden, Bennington, or Aberdeen, which wasn't that often. Jeff grew up with Lehi Round-Up every year, and said he was often in the parades. So they aren't as exciting to him now, but luckily he'll still go with me and enjoy himself! :)
Springville's Art City Days was this past weekend. We didn't make it to the rodeo or parade, but we did enjoy the fair and concert. We went with Cody and Jessica, and saw Due West perform while enjoying a funnel cake and the boutiques.

They also had fireworks after! And I was actually impressed with them, as Springville is smaller than other town celebrations.

It was Shad's first firework show and he seemed to enjoy them! He just watched the sky with big eyes. He just didn't love the loud booms, but he did really well overall!

Next city: Lehi Round-Up!




No comments:
Post a Comment