Every summer Jeff's parents take a trip down to Lake Powell and stay on a house boat for a week! They have a time share, and last week was their week to use it! (July 26-31st)
Luckily we were able to get off work and go this year!
Everyone in Jeff's family was able to go down for at least a couple days, as well as their cousins Geri & Kyle and their family. We had a blast, as always!
Wakeboarding...
Jeff even wakeboarded one handed on his good arm! Although he still took it easy...
Check out that view! We saw the coolest clouds...
We tubed...
I didn't catch any good pictures of it, but they loved jumping back and forth between the tubes... it was hilarious to watch!
We felt like little kids riding this tube, but it's a blast! Seriously, it's a way fun ride!
We fed a lot of ducks...
We also got to bring down and break in our new camp chef we got for Christmas!
And the last night we sat and watched lightning! There were like 5 storms going on around us all at one time! It was so cool to sit on top of the houseboat and watch them strike in all directions! Eventually some moved our way and it got super windy and rainy and we had to head inside. The thunder and closer lightning was awesome! It trumped all lightning storms I've ever seen, and probably will ever see. It was incredible!
It's tradition for Jeff and I to take a "post-Powell" picture, so every year we can see how many extra freckles we have, how mangy our hair is, and how long Jeff's beard has grown in a week:
2010
And for comparison's sake...
2008
2007
I also have to include this picture of Papa K's beard, since I've never seen him with so much facial hair:
WE LOVE LAKE POWELL!

























3 comments:
houseboating and boating in general is so much fun and always one of my favorite vacations. so glad you guys got to get away and have some fun! I love it!
Wow that lightening is incredible!!! Glad you had fun Linds! I miss you!
Wow! That picture of Kay is a first for me. Funny. I love the lightening pics because I love thunder storms. Looks like a fun trip. You are a great photographer.
Post a Comment