The last few weeks I've definitely been getting spring fever!
Even though our heater worked so we were warm this winter, I'm still so ready for it to be warm outside!
Barbeques
Smell of fresh cut grass
Boating
Horseshoes
Driving with the windows down
Camping
Not lugging a coat around
Biking
More daylight
Painted toenails in flip flops
Going on walks
Hanging out in Jeff's parent's backyard with everyone on Sunday afternoons
4-wheeling
Reunions
And to top it all off, Jeff and I will probably be able to actually go on vacations this summer!
And most of you have no idea how happy that makes me.
So let me tell you.
I have the type of personality where I love to be busy all the time, being a part of everything going on, and not missing out on anything. I love going on trips as much as we can possibly fit into our schedules, even if that means losing sleep or study time. (And I have the grades to prove it...)
Multiple times last summer I felt like writing a long post about all my frustrations of not being able to do anything. We only went camping ONCE (and I had to take time off for it.) We only went boating ONCE. (Cause I worked every Saturday.) And we didn't get to go to Lake Powell with the family, (because I couldn't take that much time off.)
And even though I did really enjoy my job, working 56 hours and 6 days every week last year was really hard.
(Girls in Ogden, don't tell Nic!)
But I refrained from including all of you in my pity parties last year.
So a couple weeks ago I found out that they're dissolving my position this year and not taking me back. This of course is a bummer because I did enjoy my job, and now I have to find a new job, but I'm not as disappointed as I might've been because I actually get to have a summer this year! Wahoo!
And because I love lists and am excited about our summer, here are our plans:
My brother Nate gets home from his mission in June
Nauvoo with my family in June
Lake Powell with Jeff's family in July
Wright Reunion in July
Camping with Cody & Jess as much as we can handle
Multiple weddings
Slickrock Mountain Biking in Moab
And though my knee is still healing so I won't be able to play soccer or wakeboard this summer, I will be able to ride the tubes, as well as run and bike, and I am just so excited to be outside enjoying life! Can't wait!




4 comments:
I SO feel you!!! I miss sunshine and summertime like crazy! Especially these crazy long Logan winters. Hopefully we'll be able to make it to the Wright reunion in July too! AND I can't believe Nate gets home already! Man I am out of the loop. Well sounds like you've got some fun planned :) You're a babe, enjoy!
You said it all to a "t"! I hope you get a good job that will let you take some much needed time off. Wish I could go slickrock riding with you. I love Moab!
i am so, so ready for the warmth of summer! looks like you guys will be plenty busy!
I know exactly how you feel. I just got back from ca for my spring break and i got to lay out at a pool! i was going stir crazy up here with the cold weather. summers are meant for vacations and fun, go enjoy!
Post a Comment