Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Easter slash Mandie's Wedding slash Conference Weekend!


Thursday night we headed up to my Grandparent's in Ogden, where we were welcomed by a sweet lightning storm!  I've always loved thunder and lightning!  

The biggest storm I can remember seeing was when we lived in my Runyan Grandparent's house in Denver, (I was probably 5 or 6) and the thunder and lightning were so bad that it knocked all the power out, just before it hailed golf balls!  Seriously... My parents had 3 cars in a 2 car garage, and they had to climb through the windows to get out!  The hail broke windows in the basement and did a lot of other damage.  We slept in the living room altogether as a family with candles.  We thought it was pretty awesome.

Anyway, this storm wasn't anything compared to that, but it was still fun for Jeff and I to stand on the back porch and try and catch the lightning on our camera.  That shot above is the best we got before the storm moved too far away...

But our trip to Ogden wasn't to catch lightning, it was for my cousin Mandie's wedding!
  
She married Colby Bentley on Friday April 2nd, in the Salt Lake City Temple!

Her proud parents, my Aunt Kathy and Uncle Drew, looking on with my cousin Megan.
These poor parents had all 5 of their kids get married in 3 years, and 4 months!  I think they slept well that night!

And now Mandie is no longer the only one without someone to love on!

(October 2008 @ Neil and Nessa's wedding)

Last Friday!

If there was a blooper section, these two pictures would be in it:

I love how Megan, Nessa, Cody, and Colby all look way confused...

And everyone is being blown away here:
 Sorry, I just had to include them...

After being at the temple we were freezing and hungry, so we decided to go to Tucanos with my brother, second-cousin Ashlyn, and Tanner's friend Skyla.

Tanner had 2 gift cards, so we all ate for free!  Can't beat that!!

Later that evening we went to Mandie and Colby's reception in South Weber.  I'll just let the pictures do the talking:

And I love this picture of my grandparents at the reception:

CONGRATS COLBY & MANDIE!

Saturday we spent the day watching General Conference.  
I'm so glad my appreciation and enjoyment of General Conference has improved over the years.  When I was little I sadly almost dreaded having to sit through that many talks, especially since we had to drive down to the Stake Center in Denver and sit on the hard chairs to watch them.  But now I look forward to and LOVE hearing from our Prophet and his Apostles and the chosen leaders of our church!

In between sessions we enjoyed playing with Bo.  He actually fetches the ball and brings it back!  I've never had a dog that would do that... It's so fun!  Oh, and I LOVE his huge floppy ears.  

(He's getting so big!  I guess he's almost 6 months old now...)
(I love this picture of him.  We need a dog...)

And here's Lucy trying to play with Jeff, while Bo tries to play with Lucy...
It didn't work very well for any party involved.

After the second session we headed back down to Lehi so Jeff could go to the Priesthood session with his dad and brothers.  We arrived at the church straight from Ogden at 5:58pm... talk about cutting it close!  

During the Priesthood session I enjoyed dying hard-boiled eggs with Mama C, Nikki and her friends, and Marnae.  
 

I enjoyed it more than I thought I would!  Some turned out way cool:

The Christofferson family growing up had a tradition of getting Root Beer floats after the Priesthood session.  It's graduated into the entire extended family getting together for Root Beer floats at someone's house after.  It's a fun tradition!  
This year they threw in a chocolate fountain, (thanks to a family friend staying with Jeff's family,) including fruity pebble rice krispie treats!  I'd never seen these before, genius!

Sunday Jeff and I enjoyed the rest of Conference in the comfort of our living room, watching it on our computer.   We were impressed with how well it was broadcasted through the internet!  It was clear, streamed fine without needing to buffer, and the quality of the picture was high as well.  Who needs TV?  

The Duncan family (Jeff's mom's) has the tradition of going over to visit Grandma and Grandpa Duncan after conference on Sundays.  So we went up with Rick and Marnae to visit for a while.  We enjoyed lunch, playing a couple card games and visiting.  

What a fun Easter slash Mandie's Wedding slash Conference-filled weekend!

2 comments:

Jessie said...

Beautiful girl. Beautiful dress. Beautiful pictures. What a fun weekend! I can't wait to eat at Tucano's again.

Ana Lee said...

You dyed eggs turned out amazing! Mine were lame comparatively, haha. I didn't really have any supplies available to help me be creative. Oh well. Looks like a great weekend!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...