Monday, July 20, 2009

Birthday Weekend!

My birthday was Thursday and because we both worked all day and Jeff had a soccer game, we just decided to go out to eat and then celebrate on Friday. We went out to eat at Joe Vera's Mexican Restaurant in Provo. Our neighbor works there and she was our server!


Normally I wouldn't post a picture of presents cause I think it can be tacky as an adult, but Jeff did such a good job this year, listening to a few things I mentioned we needed like the pyrex pans and baster brushes, and things I'd wanted like the earrings. :)
(Plus, after our external hard drive crashed a few weeks ago which was our only back up for our computer, and we thought we might lose all pictures and files, I've decided to post all pictures I might want to have in the future, so they're still saved somewhere... So sorry, you get to see them all!)

MRA!

I knew Jeff had planned something for Friday for my birthday, but he didn't tell me till we pulled in. So I guess technically he never told me. ;) But I'd mentioned wanting to watch Singing in the Rain and see the play, and it just so happened to be playing the week of my birthday at Hale Center Theater! And it was awesome! They did such a good job. Plus I already love the styles and music from that era.

During the part where Don leaves Kathy's house and he's "singing, and dancin, in the rain..." you know, the whole reason the movie is named such, they had sprinklers in the ceiling and it actually rained all over the floor! They gave everyone in the front row ponchos and as Don sang and danced he splashed in the puddles and kicked water up on the audience. It was way fun. Really, they did such a good job. I loved it! Thanks hon!!

Then on Saturday we finally got to go boating!!

Jeff, Alex, Tyler, Brad, & Nikki
Jared


"I have a thing for boat hair..."


Love for Jeff's glasses and photoshop...


Alex and Tyler


Me and Jeff

I don't have many good pictures cause I was driving for Jeff and the rest of us can't do much more than get up ha ha (though Alex is learning fast...) and Brad and Nikki's were taken on their own cameras...

The weather was perfect, sunny and 100 degrees at first, then partly cloudy. I didn't put any sunscreen on and surprisingly there's only a little pink on my shoulders and face. Perfect. Plus the clouds looked awesome!


After boating Jeff's mom made us an awesome dinner of rice, shrimp, a peanut thai sauce she wanted to try, and veggies, and I got the Happy Birthday plate!

Whether it's mine or somebody else's, I love birthdays!

8 comments:

Tom and B said...

Im glad you had such a good birthday! Sorry I didn't call you...I actually had a big midterm last week that I was super stressed about. But i have a present waiting at my house for you :) Love ya girl, happy late birthday!

Cuties on Top said...

How fun! Happy birthday!!

Mike, Torie and Boys said...

Happy Birthday. What a fun weekend.

Rick and Jenny Runyan said...

Sounds like a great birthday weekend! That's so sweet Jeff pays attention to stuff you say you want and need. I'm glad you had a great time!

Tessa Egan said...

Happy Birthday Lindsey! It looks like you guys had fun!

Rachel said...

Looks like you guys had a great time! Happy Birthday!

Ana Lee said...

Happy Birthday!! My cousin BreAnne plays the part of Lina (sp?) the girl who has the horrible voice, haha. I thought she was hilarious in it! Especially since I know what a phenomenal singer she is in real life. I'm glad you had so much fun!

Jessie said...

Happy Birthday! :) Jeff really went all out. You've got a great hubby.

Oh, and be grateful for 100 degree weather and boating! I'm a little jealous. It rains here so often it never gets hot enough to even want to swim. Poo.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...