Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Shad's THIRD Birthday

 The day before his birthday we decided it'd be fun to fill Shad's room with balloons for him to wake up to.  We were out and about and he was asleep in the car so we decided to run into the grocery store and get some... but then he woke up.  So we made him a fort to ride in, and luckily, it worked!  He never saw them.  I hurried and hid them in Tyce's room when we got home...


Once Shad was asleep we spread out the helium balloons across his ceiling and blew up all the little balloons and spread them around his floor.  


Tyce woke me up around 7am and I couldn't fall back asleep.  I was too excited to see Shad's reaction, I just stayed awake watching him on the baby cam for like an hour.  The only way I could record him was to get out the video camera and record the video feed on my phone app.  It worked though!  
(The video is on the computer- it's way too long to post on here unfortunately...) 

He woke up slowly, looked around, exclaimed, "balloons!" and then just laid in bed pulling on the strings and looking at them for like ten minutes.  When he finally sat up he then discovered all the balloons all over the floor!  He carefully went around the room collecting all the helium balloon strings, being careful not to step on any balloons, and then excitedly came in to show them to us.  He then started bringing in armfuls of them, mostly by color.  His excitement made it all worth it... It may be a new tradition for us!






We just made brownies on his actual birthday since we'll be having a party with family on Sunday.



  


Happy THIRD Birthday buddy!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...