Since my doctor doesn't want to induce me (so I have a better chance of a VBAC going as planned) I have been doing everything under the sun to try and get this little guy ready to come. I've been taking evening primrose oil tablets, walking- a lot, acupumcture, accupressure, chiropractic adjustment, pedicure, clary sage essential oil, reflexology, sitting/ bouncing on exercise ball, warm bath, plus the few unmentionables... with nothing. I was actually really deflated at my 40 week appointment when I was still only dilated to a 1+ and no progression from the 60-ish% effacement last week. But after some lemon oil on my pillow and looking up a conception calendar (which would put my due date more around Feb 2-9th) I started feeling a little better.
Jess and I went to get pedicures on the 20th. It was fun to just sit and chill for a few minutes!
(On the plus side my feet are exponentially less swollen than with Shad- I've hardly had any edema this time around! Probably because I'm healthier overall and am constantly moving, thanks to being the mother of a toddler, rather than sitting at a desk all day at Sunroc like before...)
We also went for a brisk 4 mile walk on my due date!
Come on baby!






No comments:
Post a Comment