Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Finishing the Master Bathroom

The only room left in our whole house that hadn't been re-painted since we moved in 3 years ago (besides the unfinished basement) was our master bathroom.  (I even got the garage painted last summer, but not the master bath...)  

I finally decided to just start the project (on Oct 16th) and maybe that would get Jeff to help me finish it... ;)  It took us a few weeks to actually get it all done and put together, but it feels so good to have it done!

I forgot to take before pictures, but here are a few nasty ones from when we first looked at the house... it was in bad shape, being a short sale and all.  This doesn't really show the whole bathroom either, or the walls for that matter, but it was just a stock white color.



Shad had fun helping me take off the light switch covers and get everything taped:

I had to take a bathroom selfie, to show how big I was while trying to do all of this... 

This is actually kind of funny because our main bathroom finally got painted when I was pregnant with Shad, and pretty close to where I am now too... "Nesting" motivation perhaps?  


And the finished product!


We bought that huge cabinet over the toilet from the RE-STORE place in Orem (Habitat for Humanities leftovers I think...)  It was part of a kitchen cabinet set, but I thought it would work well in the bathroom.  It turned out to be much bigger than I thought once we held it up in that space, but I'm used to it now and I LOVE all the storage it provides... We have actually kept our counter clean and empty of all the bottles and clutter that covered it before!  It's awesome!

(Rug and vase from Ross, shower curtain and small pull-out mirror from Ikea)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...