Last weekend was Lehi's annual Round-up week.
We spent all day Saturday, the 30th enjoying the festivities.
It started early in the morning with the Round-up 10K and 5K runs. I decided to run the 10K this year.
It started at 7am. Our alarms were set for 5:45am, which we double checked, but the next thing we knew we were both waking with a start 6:45am! To make a long story short... I made it in time to start with the 5K but missed the start of the 10K. I decided to still run the 10K, even though I basically had the whole course to myself. Luckily the water stations and most of the course turn signs were still there...
I loved finding Jeff parked at his Grandpa's waiting for me to come by so he could cheer me
on, and then again at the finish line. I liked that it was a small race, and
there weren't tons of people at the start, and Jeff was able to park close.
I was feeling disappointed that I'd missed running with everyone else when I caught up to a few people that were mostly walking. I ended up passing 9 people altogether! My time was right close to 1:03:00 which is around a 10:15 min/mile pace, but I'm not positive on that because I was using my phone and this race didn't have timing chips...
Next we headed over to Jeff's cousin Jen's house to watch the parade. It is awesome that she lives on the parade route and allows all her friends and family to come park on her lawn. We love not having to try and save spots somewhere with all the tons of other people...
Cousins eating cotton candy, thanks to Grandpa:
Uncle Brad throwing us candy...
Tylie trying to help Shad drink his water:
I couldn't resist an opportunity to dress Shad in his cowboy garb... even if it included shorts and a t-shirt because of the heat and the hat only lasted 2 minutes...
After the parade we went to Jeff's parents house. The kids (and Nikki, Spencer, Amy, and Jared) all enjoyed the slip-n-slide in the backyard. Well, mostly enjoyed. Apparently it was super cold.
Shad didn't love it as much as I thought he would, since he loves the sprinklers, Seven Peaks and the splash pad at the park. I'm attributing this to the cold water...
These first two pictures are funny cause he chased the balls into the water, and then froze when he realized how cold it was. All the while, Tylie is standing there with her hands out wanting Shad to just give her theballs... I wish I would've caught her in the picture too...
The water may have been too cold but Shad and Tylie still enjoyed playing in Ralphie's water bowl and trying to feed him his food:
Not too long after that they both tumbled into the dirt under the tire swing and were covered with mud, which required a bath afterwards.
Later in the afternoon some of Jeff's closest friends from high school came over for a BBQ. I failed to take any pictures, but those who came included Nick and Leah with their daughter Lucy, Dylan and Ali, and Chad. Jeff loved being able to catch up with them, something he doesn't have the opportunity to do as often as he'd like.
We finished the day with the Round-up Rodeo! We've loved making this an annual tradition.
Nick and Leah came with us this time.
Shad was pretty enthralled with the horses and other livestock at first, but then was pretty much done.
Luckily we didn't have to leave early and were still able to watch most of the rodeo, but I guess he's at that in- between age where he's not entertained by the same thing for very long and since he can walk he wants to run around and do his own thing. Hopefully it goes better next year...
Either way, we still got some sweet rodeo shots...
And he looked adorable in his little cowboy outfit!
Love my little cowboy!







No comments:
Post a Comment