Monday, June 18, 2012

Father's Day & Alex's Farewell

I grew up with a dad who loves puns and all dry-humor.  "Dad jokes" were and still are a common occurrence at home.  He loves getting us to chuckle, but now that we're older he likes practicing on his 4th graders and watching half the class get it and laugh and the other half look around clueless.  I grew up thinking it was normal for dads to be off and able to play all summer long, which was something we looked forward to.  My dad has always been a great example to me of patience and making do with what you have.   I've always admired his work ethic and willingness to do whatever is needed/asked of him, and doing it then, not later.  I am proud of him and his hard work as a new Bishop! 




When I joined the Christofferson family I definitely didn't escape the "Dad jokes."   The term well-known in their household is "Kay jokes."   Jeff has always looked up to his dad and often goes to him for advice, for anything from yard work to the Gospel, but especially with work/business questions.  I've come to notice and admire his ability and willingness to give on the spot, to whomever is in need of help.  He has also served as Bishop and in Bishoprics and I can see how that has shaped his life and personality.  I'm glad that he has aided in teaching Jeff how to work and be a good dad!  



 



Jeff is such a fun dad.  I love seeing Shad's face light up when I ask him where Dad is when the garage door opens.  I can't wait to see how their play changes and evolves as Shad gets older.  I love watching my boys together. 

Spinning around:



Playing with June Bugs:



Mowing the lawn:



And playing soccer:

I love seeing the father develop in Jeff.  He is doing a great job and I know he is excited to teach Shad everything he knows! 

Jeff's family has a tradition of wrapping presents in blankets rather than wrapping paper.  Shad had a lot of fun carrying them and giving them to Jeff.  I'm sure our excitement and enthusiasm fueled him even more.  We had a lot of fun...




 
Jeff has been wanting a large back-packing soft frame backpack for awhile.  He has so much climbing gear that he has to haul around every time he goes, plus it's nice for camping and going on High Adventure with the scouts.  We found one at Costco for a great price and decided to finally get one for him.  Shad and I also got him a couple ties and BBQ grill utensils, both of which he was in need of.   


We spent Father's Day in Lehi with Jeff's family, not just for the holiday, but for Alex.  He spoke in sacrament and enters the MTC this week!  He is going to Rancagua, Chile on his mission.  We're very excited for him!  And I'm sure Jeff is extra excited for him to learn Spanish... 


My dad also got a special treat today for Father's Day.  Tanner got the Melchizedek Priesthood today and is working on getting his mission papers turned in!  We're also very proud of him and this decision he's made and are excited for him as well!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...