Why have I failed to blog on a regular basis like I used to, you may ask? Why has it been so neglected? Well, let me tell you.
We have been busy house hunting! We've spent multiple nights a week as well as some Saturdays with our realtor looking at houses. We've probably looked at somewhere between 150-200 houses over the past 6 months! We also put offers out on probably 20-25 houses, most of which were short sales...
But guess what, we finally got lucky with a short sale and
WE BOUGHT A HOUSE!
Yep, that's our house!
This particular short sale was accepted by the homeowners, but sometime between the time they sent our offer into their bank to be approved, and the bank received it, the bank had foreclosed on the house. So lucky for us, the bank didn't want to go through the whole process and liked our offer, so they said if we'd re-offer with their name instead, we could have it!
So lately we've been busy trying to go through and pack our ridiculously full apartment (we have way too much stuff for this tiny space...) and get ready to move in. We closed on the house last Thursday, August 26th, but for some frustrating and confusing reasons we didn't get our keys till today...
So we've been busy picking out some new appliances, carpet colors, and paint colors, and we're starting that whole tearing out carpet and painting process this week! We're way excited!
And for those who are interested, I'll take and post some progress pictures as we get the house looking like a home!




9 comments:
How exciting! Where is it?
Congrats! That's sooo exciting!!! :) Yeah, where is it?
I am SO jealou, but so excited for you! Congrats babe! You'll definitely have to post pictures of updates. Awesome awesome!
Wow, that's great. I don't see that coming for us for a while, so yes, I'm jealous, but it's a happy jealous :). Where is it? It looks very nice.
a house? so grown up! congratulations! in utah?? I love it, your house looks gorgeous!
I am so so so excited for you!! And at the same time extremely jealous! :) I can't wait to come and see it.
oh my goodness!!!!! that is fantastic. there is nothing like having your own home. you will be amazed at how much space you have and even more amazed at how fast you fill it haha. congrats!!!! it looks beautiful! i want to see more pics ASAP!
Wahoo!! It's so great when you finally have your own place. Looks nice...can't wait to come see it! Have fun decorating!! Love ya
that is so exciting!! i love how it's coming along.
Post a Comment