Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Christmas!


Jeff and I had a wonderful holiday in Boise with my family. We were fortunate enough to be able to spend a whole week up there with them. Even though we hit horrible weather both directions, it was worth the trip and we had a lot of fun! I really enjoyed being home for all of our family traditions, including finger/picnic style meal Christmas Eve (Runyan tradition), warm delicious cinnamon rolls Christmas morning (Mom's tradition), and reading a Christmas story every night of December (Mom's also). My parents both worked hard all week to make the most of our holiday, and I really appreciated their efforts to make the holiday special. Jeff and I also watched the Christmas movies my brothers and I watched over and over as kids, like Frosty the Snowman, Rudolph the Rednose Reindeer (the original one), Twas the Night Before Christmas, and A Christmas Carol- Mickey Mouse version. We also watched White Christmas and Elf. Jeff hadn't seen some of them, and it was fun to introduce him to the way I always grew up knowing Christmas!
I also really enjoyed getting to talk to Nate on Christmas! He was the same old Nate, absolutely hilarious and random, but now a little more mature, more focused, and much more spiritual. It is so awesome to feel the growth his mission has already inspired, just in a simple conversation!

Here's Tanner with his new guitar/voice recording equipment he got from Elkin's...


Jeff and I on Christmas Day with his new jacket...


Our beautiful Christmas snow on Christmas Eve! Even though Boise is in Idaho, which tends to get a lot of snow, it is lower elevation and any snow we get usually melts within a day or two... This is the first REAL white Christmas we've had since moving to Boise! (Real meaning more than a measly inch or two... it was actually snowing hard and thick! It was awesome!)



My cute husband...


Our drive home unfortunately took 8 1/2 hours to go what should have been 5! We had awesome gas mileage though... We counted 17 cars off the road during the first 60 miles of our drive! So this was a common site...

We stopped at a rest stop somewhere near the Junction of I-84 and I-86 and this is what we found, huge drifts and lots more snow! But to our happy surprise the bathrooms were OPEN and warm!


The only picture I took of my parents must've not turned out cause it isn't on my camera anymore ;) But this one was taken just a few weeks ago, and they both look great here. I love you guys!

5 comments:

Mike, Torie and Boys said...

I am glad you had a great Christmas. That is fun you could go home.
We missed you guys. Tell Jeff hi..

AJ said...

I like your Christmas traditions. The book-a-night one sounds fun. We watch the same movies you do, except our Christmas Carol is the Muppets version. I am glad you guys made it back safe and sound!

Russell & Jammie said...

I am sooo glad that you had an enjoyable trip! I am actually bumbed that we were not able to see you while you were here. I told your mom that we would make it happen even if we had family in town. Ya I didn't realize how crazy it was going to be. 20 people in our small house most evenings... is a lot of responsibility. And I was getting trained a lot on quick books. Sad... next time though. I look forward meeting you. Please except my appoligies.

Megan said...

oh my goodness! you brothers are so grown up! wait there are two right? ahhh so long ago. so crazy! glad you had a good christmas. sorry you hit the nasty storms. yuck. we ended up staying home because of the weather. 10 hours to oregon didn't sound like much fun in a snow storm 9 month old. :p anyways happy new year!

Digital Scrapbooking Made Easy said...

Hey!!!
I haven't talked to you in forever! How are you? It looks like you had an awesome trip. I hope you guys had a great Christmas and New Year and to hear from ya soon!
Jess

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...