Jeff's birthday was yesterday, the 25th. We both work 8 full hours on Thursdays, and he had a soccer game, so we didn't have a lot of time to plan any big activities. So to make it special, I decided to get up and make him breakfast in bed with a new bed tray we got from our wedding. (When I brought it in he said, "You just wanted to use the tray huh..." Ok, there's some truth in that...)
His co-workers bought him lunch and a cake at work, and so I was able to come home for lunch and get the table set cute and a meal cooking in our new crock pot. I never realized how easy and nice crock pot meals are! I put it in, let it sit on our counter for 6 hours, and voila! A yummy meal. It was one we'd never tried before, but it turned out pretty good.
I also used my past knowledge from working at Coldstone to make him an ice cream cake... only to realize our freezer averages about 60 degrees warmer than the Coldstone -55degree freezers, and normal bought frosting doesn't work the same as fluffy cold butter cream frosting... so as i'm spreading the frosting on the cake, it starts to get cold from the ice cream, therefore clumping together, and the ice cream is already starting to melt... so i'm just moving a cold blob of frosting around on a melting surface... needless to say, it didn't turn out looking great, I ended up just sticking graham cracker all over the outside, and this is why there is no picture of the whole cake... but it still tasted good! 
HAPPY YESTERDAY BIRTHDAY LOVE!
3 comments:
I love the frosting visual, too funny
how funny my hubbys birthday is the 22nd!!! how old is your old man anyways? ? ?
Dude that's hilarious! I love the cake. What did you make in the crock pot? We really need to get together to exchange recipes!
Post a Comment