Thursday, March 19, 2015

Shad's 4th Birthday!

Last year we started a new tradition: to fill Shad's room with balloons while he's asleep so he wakes up to them in the morning!  We debated on whether this was a tradition we wanted to continue... since it's not the easiest thing to get helium balloons the night before every birthday, but he loved it so much last year that we just had to do it again!  

I'm so glad I woke up in time to watch him find them on the babycam again!  There's nothing quite like seeing 100% pure excitement and innocent joy on your kids faces! 



When I asked Shad what he wanted for his birthday this year, all he said was green...?  When I asked him what kind or shape of cake he wanted, all he said was "green."  When I asked him what he wanted to go do for his birthday, all he said was go to the park.  
EASIEST. BIRTHDAY. EVER.  

So he wore his favorite green shirt ^, and I made him green Mickey Mouse pancakes:

We invited a bunch of Shad's friends from the ward to the park as part of his celebration.  We met at Springcreek Park.


I made green cupcakes with puffy "cloud" icing and green mnm's for his friend party:



(Older kids; Alicia Blanco and Abi Rogers) 


 Left to right: Isaac Simpson, Dylan Wright, Dayton Wright, Shad, Haylie Simpson

Left to right: Lea Pease, Gracey Chang, Brinna Rogers, Carter Rogers, Amelia Pease, Tanner Wright


 Since all he wanted to do was go to the park, we had another park party later that evening with family at Nielson's Grove in Orem.   



  

  


 Something inside my personality just won't let me make a plain, square, green-frosted cake.  Not that there's anything wrong with that... I just have this drive to go the extra mile.  But when all he requested was "green", I had to get a little creative!  
(Thanks to a friend's post on instagram for the idea...)






The poor guy had a fever when we got home that night.  Luckily he didn't show any symptoms sooner and was able to enjoy his day still!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...