The Ragnar: Wasatch Back was last weekend, June 21st and 22nd! I was just over 8 weeks pregnant at the time, but I wanted to give it a shot! I was already signed up and had been training, so I was just hoping I'd be able to have enough energy and keep my nausea under control enough to do it!
I decided to try to make a running vest this year instead of borrowing huge city worker/ Police ones that are a pain to run in. I think it turned out alright! I also like that it has a pouch for the flasher so it won't fall off!
Because we were in Van 2, MaShay and I didn't have to head up to Ogden to meet the rest of our van till Friday morning. I had to drop Shad off in Lehi and she had to drop Hank and Nora off in Sandy so we got to test out 3 carseats in the Explorer... they all fit!
My dad came down to run it this year! I was really excited for him.
I stole a bunch of these pictures from Mandie... Here is Van 1 at the start line at USU in Logan:
Runner order: Brittany, Kathy, Dad, Mandie, Cody, Karson
Dad giving Kathy water
Cody
Dad waiting for Kathy to come in
Cody running the beast I ran last year
Dad
Drew drove again this year
Few I stole off Instagram:
Dad
Cody
Mandie
I don't have a picture of just our van members before we started, but our runner order was:
Jack, Megan, MaShay, Matt, Kristen, Me
Here's our actual van though:
Our van started up in Eden at Exchange 6. You can see Jack over there waiting for Karson to come in:
And she's off! We're on our way!
Supporting Megan
MaShay running
Supporting MaShay
Hand-off to Matt
Matt making lots of kills
Handing off to Kristen
Love the little love pat there:
Some of the team hanging out waiting for Kristen to come in
Cody and Megan
Jack and I
Waiting for Kristen
Here she comes!
My first run was around the trails of Snow Basin Resort. It was really pretty!
While I was running, Jack making friends...
Hand-off to Brittany
Now that we were done with our first runs we headed down from Snow Basin and over to Kristen's parents' house which was really close to the base of Snow Basin Road. It was perfect! And they had an awesome meal prepared for us too.
Their house was also right off the course, so Van 1 let us know when Kathy started and we walked down to the road to wave at her as she went by:
Ian really took to MaShay and she loved it
Kathy!
After attempting to take a nap at Kristen's parents house we headed out for our next set of night runs. We started around 11pm...
I love running into people I know at events like this! This is Jeff's friend Trevor Nerdin from high school and his wife Candice.
MaShay's awesome Saturn hair ready for her 11 mile night run!
She rocked it too!
Megan just finishing:
My glow stick masterpiece
Ready for my run! I started around 6am or so, and got to watch the sun start coming up! It was chilly, but beautiful.
Normally I'd hand off to Brittany, but she got really sick and decided while waiting for me that she wasn't going to be able to run her last leg and needed to go home, so Cody ran it for her...
Waiting for Jack on our last set of legs:
Here she comes!
I love that someone brought streamers to run through! So fun!
Megan's human tunnel:
And bum pats...
And she's done!
MaShay taking off on her killer first half of the Ragnar hill!
She survived!
Beautiful view from up on Ragnar hill:
Matt dominating the second half of the Ragnar hill, the "Ragnar" leg:
He did it! And did awesome.
Staring down the mountain I was about to climb...
You can kind of see the trail we ran up in this picture:
View of Park City from part way up that hill before it curled around to the back side:
DONE!!! I can't tell you how happy I was to be done, and how proud I was of myself for completing it with no energy, feeling sick, on little sleep, while pregnant!
Our team at the finish! (minus Brittany and Karson)
Original "Run Like the Wind[ed]" ers
MaShay and I
Dad and I. I'm so glad he got to run it and that he loved it! Plus he did awesome. I heard a lot of comments from Van 1 about how fast his pace and continuous his stamina was. :)



































No comments:
Post a Comment