Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Art City Days

Art City Days were held June 1st-8th this year.  On Thurs the 6th they had a kids carnival at the Arts Park.  

It cost a few dollars for a wrist band which allowed the kids to do everything there as many times as they wanted.  Shad had a BLAST.

Jumping in the bounce house:   

 Sliding down the giant slide with Mom:


Riding the mini train:


 Riding the swings:


 Mini Ferris Wheel with a couple of older girls:



 Getting a Pirate tatoo:


He was saying "Arrrrr" the rest of the day...

 Riding the train again:


Climbing through the giant caterpillar:







 Jumping in the bounce house again...



Saturday morning (the 8th) we went over to the middle school to watch the Balloon Fest.  



We rode our bikes over.  It was awesome to be out that early in the brisk air.  
It still doesn't motivate me to get up early on a regular basis, but I do love it every once in awhile...

It was fun to watch the process of blowing these giant hot air balloons up.  We'd been to the balloon fest in Provo before, but it was so crowded we didn't get to watch the whole process.
  






Shad got so excited about the littlest things.  I love this age.  It was so fun to take him.
  

  

Shad would get a little nervous sometimes when the fire would blow really hot and loud nearby... 




 That's what this face is... slightly nervous wonderment :)

Cody and Jess came with us.  Her mom was in town since Owen was just born a week ago so we had a whole party.  


 Love these.  I don't know what it is about a dad and his kid that just gets to me...





 Shad has started this thing where he pumps both his arms out in front of him when he runs.  It is so funny, I wish these pictures showed it better: 




After the balloon fest was over we all headed to our house for breakfast.  We had waffles, bacon, and eggs.  Hmmm...


That evening the 3 of us headed over to the carnival to check out the rides and booths.  Mostly just to wander, people watch, and say hi to Tanner and his friend that were there riding rides.  

Afterwards we got a pizza and headed over to Springville High School to watch the fireworks.

A lot of nearby families had brought glow sticks or were buying light-up swords from vendors walking around.  Shad watched them all, wishing he could join in.  I didn't even think to bring something like that.  So I asked a vendor if they had the glow sticks, to which they replied that they only sold the swords and other light-up toys.  I asked a big extended family nearby where they got theirs and they said they brought them, but we could have some.  They ended up giving us a whole pack!  I told them I had a toddler watching everyone else who was going to really appreciate it.  It was so nice of them!  And I was right, he LOVED them.  
  


We were also pretty impressed with the firework show.  We expected something small and simple since Springville is a smaller town, but we were actually surprised with how awesome the show was.  We had a pretty good view too.  It turned out to be a really fun evening!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...