With the inversion and unusually long-lasting extra cold days we've had this year (degrees in teens during the day and single digits or below freezing at night for days and even weeks on end) we've had A LOT of deer wandering through our neighborhood and backyard looking for food, and we don't even live that close to the mountain! It's been fun to watch them from our windows. They've picked at our tomatoes and the Jensen's rose bushes, but they spend most of their time digging under the apple tree in Jared's yard (the yard directly behind us,) and picking through the garden in Joe Diamond's yard (the yard behind Jensen's.)
The first time I saw any deer in our yard was on January 11th, when I saw this big 5-point buck! I found him eating our tomatoes and I watched him wander through the yards and eventually leave through Marie Webb's yard.
Since then I haven't seen the buck return, but have seen the same group of 5 deer come and go on multiple occasions.
We even started seeing them during the day! Crazy!
Cute youngster:
Since the temperatures have warmed back up to the thirties and the snow is starting to melt, we haven't seen them come back. Hopefully we'll get a few more sightings before spring comes! But I hear the groundhog didn't see his shadow... so maybe not... ;)






No comments:
Post a Comment