Tuesday, January 4, 2011

New Year's

Jeff and I rang in the new year in Lehi with Jeff's family.  We enjoyed making a finger/snack food type meal, watching the movie Inception, playing with the nieces, puzzles, games, etc.  I've unfortunately developed a pretty nasty cold that started Christmas Eve and is just barely starting to improve, so I missed the actual new year feeling miserable on the couch, but we still had a fun evening. 
Jeff's dad and brothers kind of have a tradition of going shooting on New Years Day.  So instead of driving home we stayed in Lehi at Amy & Ty's house in their spare room.  As it turned out, New Years day was a whopping 10 degrees at noon, so they all decided to bag shooting.  Jeff and I spent the day taking it easy at Amy & Ty's, eating and watching football and a movie.  Later we went back over to the folks and ate dinner and watched another movie.  It really was a lazy, lounging New Year's Day, but it was so nice to just relax and take it easy. 

I've never been very good at setting and keeping New Year's goals, but I think this year Jeff and I have one that we'll be forced to continually work on:  Figuring out parenthood!  We have a lot to learn, more than I think we even realize, but also a lot to look forward to.  The thought of becoming parents in just over two months is completely daunting, and yet really exciting.  I can't believe how soon he'll be here!  We are so unprepared... 

The first Sunday of the New Year marked my 30 week mark, so here are a few belly shots taken at 30 weeks:

Happy New Year!

3 comments:

Mike, Torie and Boys said...

That is how our New Years was. It was to cold to go out.
You look so cute pregnant. He will be here before you know it.

The Layton Family said...

You looking darling! I can't believe how fast time has flown by.

Jeff and Bridgette Metcalfe said...

ohhhhhhhhhh........look at your cute baby bump!! It seems like just the other day we were at the drive in & you telling me you were preg. Almost there girl!! Live up the sleep while you can...if you're even getting any right now. :) You look great!! So excited our babies will be close in age. And perfect...you are having a boy...they can get married! haha love ya billy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...