For those of you who have had a baby:
1. Did you register at a store for baby items?
2. Would you recommend registering, and why or why not?
3. If so, what store do you suggest?
4. If you didn't register, do you wish you would have?
It seems like it could be beneficial (and fun, of course) to go and register for things that are on our baby items wish-list, but at the same time, it doesn't seem like there are that many stores that would work for a baby registry besides Babies R Us, or maybe Target. And these stores aren't always the cheapest- you can often find the same thing at another store for less. So my debate is whether or not to register, and where. Any input would be helpful! Thanks!
6 years ago




9 comments:
I don't really have advice or opinion on the matter, but I didn't register and it turned out just fine. I had a lot of people ask what I needed, so I told them, and it was taken care of mostly.
Yes, I would like to know this as well. I was contemplating registering at Target just so people could see the things I needed...and then they can get them at another store if they want to. IDK...it's a dilemma.
I did register and it didn't make a darn difference! Hardly anybody got me anything off the registry and you really truly need so little for your babe in the first few months, that it's best to just tell people what you want if they ask and you can fill in the holes later
I registered and enjoyed the experience. It gave me and my hubby some fun time to walk around a store and get really excited about what was about to happen. Of course our situation was a little different because we were adopting... so we only had a little time to prepare.
We registered at BabiesRus.. you can check out the process online or go to the store direct.
One bonus is, is that the products you register become cheaper after the baby shower. They give you a discount on these registered products... at least the ones people didn't get for you. This can be a bonus.
Truly, just depends on your preference and personality. If you are going into it to have fun. I can see you and your hubby running around the store with a scan gun laughing pretty hard. We did!
We registered and it was really fun. It was a good experience comparing what stuff was out there and what we wanted... that being said... I think we were the only people who looked at it! I don't think we got any gifts from it and most people just asked what we needed anyway.
I liked it though.
I registered at BRU mostly for the pack of free stuff and coupons. And I agree it was fun to see all the baby stuff, it was helpful to see what was there! People will get you what they want or think is helpful.
We didn't register and everything turned out fine. In my case, a lot of people gave homemade gifts: blankets and things and some clothes and general baby needs like shampoo and lotions. I think it depends on how particular you are about what you want as far as clothes and baby gear.
Good luck! Wish I could come to your shower instead of just stalking you on the internet :)
Hey! We didn't register, but I got pretty much everything I needed. My mom just told a lot of people what to get. I've heard of people writing a diff theme down on each invite that is sent out for your shower and people get a gift that goes along with that theme. Thought that was kinda cute. Then you don't get a bunch of the same thing. Doesn't hurt to register though. Whether it helps or not it doesn't take much time.
Do you have any showers planned p.s.????
I don't have a strong opinion on the matter. The biggest adavantage to registering though is that at Babies R Us, whatever you don't receive that is on your registry your get a discount (I think 10%) if you come back to buy it later. In our area, their prices aren't so inflated, so you can actually get some good deals there, especially if you have an additional discount! But either way you will be fine. Registering is fun though! It got me all excited and in baby mode :)
Post a Comment