Monday, April 7, 2014

Operation Re-finish Dresser: Distressed Vintage

We bought this dresser middle of January off KSL and decided to upcycle it for the baby's room by giving it a new paint job.  This is the original picture from the previous owner:

This is an idea of what I wanted it to look like:

Jeff took it to the shop and sanded it all down:


Then prayed it with a cream-tinted lacquer: 







He then scuffed the edges, rubbed a dark brown stain all over it, then wiped it off to give it this distressed vintage look.  He then did a clear lacquer coat/finish. 
  
 Almost all of the drawers need new guides so here he is fixing one of them.

We still need to fix a few drawers so they all sit straight and flush but here's is the finished product. I love the way it turned out!  Jeff did an awesome job!  
We still need to finish the mirror but at least I can use it for clothes now... :)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...