My car had been struggling to start for a few weeks now. I thought it was because I'd left the radio on and killed the battery the night of Cody's birthday party, but we discovered Monday night that it was my starter.
Jeff was out of town in Blanding for work, so I had gone out to dinner with Jess since Cody had to work late. When I went to go home that evening from their house, my car wouldn't start. We tried jumping it but to no avail. Cody then discovered that when I tried to turn the key in the ignition, the starter started smoking.... which fyi, isn't normal. We decided the starter was dead.
Cody and Jess let me borrow their truck to get home and to my appointment the next day.
When Jeff got home from his trip we went and towed my car home with their truck, which was an adventure in and of itself. Besides the fact that I'd never towed a car before, the tow cable broke when we were crossing the train tracks. Luckily, the story doesn't get any more exciting than that. Jeff used his boy scout skills to tie a knot in the robe and we were on our way again. Almost as soon as we got back Jeff ran and got a new starter, and then he spent the evening fixing my car. I love that man!
Shad loved getting out tools and trying to help!
My boys. So cute.







No comments:
Post a Comment