Monday, February 28, 2011

Baby Showers

I have been very "showered" with baby gifts and necessities this past month!  We are so lucky and blessed to be surrounded by so many loving and generous people.




FRIENDS
My first shower was a Friend Shower on February 5th, thrown by my roommate Megan and cousin Brea.  They chose a cowboy theme, from the invitations Brea made:
(so adorable!) 
to the food and decorations: 

It was so nice to be able to catch up with some old friends and roommates that I haven't seen in a long time.  We played a few games, including trying to tear the shape of a baby out of a square piece of paper behind your back.  They definitely turned out interesting! 
  

WARD
My next shower was on February 12th, thrown by a few girls in my ward, Heather Hill and Stephanie Cooper.  It was a combined shower for Amber Black and I, another girl who is also having a boy and due three weeks or so after me.  

It's amazing how welcomed and loved we've felt since moving into this ward.  I wasn't expecting much as we haven't been here that long and we don't know very many people yet, but there was a decent turn out and it was a great opportunity to get to know more people!




WORK
My boss DeAnna Leahy threw me a baby shower at work on February 15.  

I was flattered; I've only worked there for about 11 months, and I was on the other side of the building until the end of July, so I feel like I'd just barely started to really get to know people and make friends at work.  I was once again surprised and felt very loved with the turn out! 
A group of co-workers also pitched in and brought items for lunch, including this awesome baby cake! 
 It helped me realize how many friends I really have made here and how much I'll miss them when I'm gone! 
  



 WRIGHT FAMILY
My cousin Megan threw me a family shower up in South Weber on February 19th.  

She held it at her new house which I was excited to get to finally see.  She and my Aunt Kathy planned a fun meal, decorated cute, and planned some fun games.  

I love getting together with family!  

My parents were able to come down for the weekend also, so after the shower Jeff and I spent some time with my parents and Kathy and Drew, and went out to dinner at Javier's with them.  We then spent the night at Cody and Megan's, during which it dumped about a foot of snow on us!  Luckily they have a 3 car garage and let us park inside.  We hung out with them for a while on Sunday before heading home after the roads had started melting.


 CHRISTOFFERSON/ DUNCAN FAMILIES
And last but not least, Jeff's mom and sister Amy threw me another family shower, for all the Christofferson's and Duncan's.  

I've always felt very welcomed and lucky to have married into such a wonderful family.  The shower was open-house style, which resulted in a laid back atmosphere and being able to sit and visit, which was really nice.  It was fun to see both sides of Jeff's family interact.  They planned some fun finger foods and juice, including cream puffs.  Yummm.
  
And Amy and I had to get a belly picture together.  How common is it to be pregnant at the same time as your sister-in-law AND have due dates within a few weeks of each other?
Amy at almost 35 weeks- Me at 38 weeks



I don't know if we can even start to thank all the wonderful friends and family around us.  I know I take way too many blessings for granted every day, and I realize that being surrounded by so many loving people is one of them.  We love you all!

2 comments:

Sarah Osborne said...

Holy showers! How fun! You must have felt very loved. I have to laugh at your last picture, because my sister-in-law is 3-4 week behind me too :) What a coincidence!

Adam & Samantha said...

i wish i was up there to see your sweet baby bump as well as amy and megan!! crazy how time flies! youre lucky to have so many showers and friends that love you. Can't wait to see baby boy soon!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...